Wednesday, November 24, 2010

also read - You have it,or you DOn'T

Just interacted with a very close friend of mine,who was doing his masters from the US,he belongs to the rare breed of people who really cared for me{that sure has been a rare species,after my accident} and genuinely wanted me to do good in, life..

And that made me decide, to write a blog explaining things about a topic,that i was myself , concerned about...the fact that all my fellow friends are doing well in their respective lives,here in india or abroad,and here i was struggling with my life,after my accident and like that friend was worried that i would fall way behind,in the race of life,when once i was matching shoulder to shoulder with them

And the reason for his concern, i suppose was ,before the time i had this accident, was studying engineering with these guys,and besides being a very active & fit person,who excelled in sports and as a person {according to my assessment}.. a very fun-friendly guy, someone who always had people around,biking his way,with a mimic of the 'harley' ...then to see that same person all alone for the past 4 and 1/2 years and in this predicament,sure will disturb a friend who does really care

but the thing that i ask myself is,does being good in life, only mean that i have a great qualification or a great job? because if only that is to be considered...am a LOSER...but isn't having had to suffer each day for the past 4 and 1/2 years, because what life had to offer,and not choosing to give in and putting up with it,with a smile & fighting out the challenges on a daily basis ...mean nothing?.. And not changing who you are and your beliefs,irrespective of the challenging situations,you have to deal with..doesn't that mean anything too?For i guess it shows character, and that is not a trait of a, loser...

but the thing i dont know how to make anyone understand what i like to believe, because i have nothing to prove that point to anyone but only to myself
"the thing is about having some faith&hoping everything will turn up well"

because worrying about a thing,that you dont have much say on, is not prudent enough,atleast according to me...and thinking much on it and taking added pressure because of it. is quite senseless..the thing is about faith,for which i cant find any reason,for having it... i can just compare myself of now,with the self who was bed ridden and in the wheelchair 4 and 1/2 years back.and one has to be really be blind to not spot the, difference

holding on to faith for the past 4 and 1/2 years,has not been easy even for me,and its twice that difficulty to make others have it ,for me and just wish that, they too will continue to have that belief in me and my judgements

its not as if, i have not set any AIM's for my life ...i had set an AIM that comes way before me trying to get ahead of others,which i had made when i was, certified a DISABLED which also stated my disability as permanent...the AIM was to get back to the normal life and to get to the normal world again...and i have been on that quest since a long time...and i reckon,am not too far...that atleast is only my belief, though...and that faith only adds up many folds knowing that, knowingly have never done any harm to anyone..that i will be ending up,all bad in the end..:)

but i choose to have faith,and believe that everything will turn up well and not just well,but awesome ..the thing about faith is
                                   "either you have it,or you don't"

And will end this,by saying "thank you" for all those people.. who had and still continue to be there or for the people who care for me or have at any point in time, prayed for me,just to let you know , all your smallest deeds has always been noted...thank you, especially to the people who had been there at the time when others felt it was better to desert me and leave{glad you are not in the 99% of people,i knew}...hope it still continues,even now and will have this, belief in me for a long time to come

18 comments:

  1. Deeps, I don't know you that well and haven't known you that long. Your story, while tragic on the one hand, is inspiring on the other. Continue to keep the faith and work hard towards your goals. Know that I will always say a prayer for you. When I think times are tough for me or I think I am in a tough situation I will think of you and the courage you are displaying in your situation and it will make mine more bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey thanx loxley for those prayers and also for these kind words...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey deep, buddy u cant change what has happened.. But you can always make your future better with belief, hardwork and the extra-ordinary courage that you have. You are an example for all of us, who buckle down under the pressures of life.

    Just keep walking down that road and hope you reach your destination if you need any kind of help, feel free to ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey... all that I would say .. and always been saying that ... you are really not a normal person ... you are above normal... accept it. No normal person can ever fight the way u do. & U win only when u fight.
    Wishes to you to meet the targets u set for urself... I am absolutely sure that very soon u will meet it.
    All the best .

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey thank you arpita,especially for the wishes ...but just wanna add that,you said things too flattering....and i dont think i am that,worth them...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know what I can add that hasn't already been said. Stay courageous, keep the faith and keep working toward your goals, you'll get there. - Angela McElyea Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you angela...& i sure will.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey deeps I have faith in god and in you....insha allah one day you be back to your best....I know its very tough and painfull but I also know u and have faith that one day u will overcome all these hurdles......:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanx,wamique...for having the faith and also for the wishes....:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mok the anonymous says in a stage whisper
    And another thing Lox let's get rid of that Deeps character, he keeps being funnier than me in alliance chat....

    ReplyDelete
  11. hey mok... the people outside Kingdom Of Camelot just might be wondering{and guess, thats the majority}...that you are all "nuts"....but i can't really blame them...for that..can i?...hahaha...lol..:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. hey deepak...i believe u and and i believe him.....just believe in urself if u want others to believe in u......it was surely unfair on ur part but now its time to change it for something good in ur life....god bless u

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post. I am amazed at how much your writing has improved over time!
    I am sure your courage has inspired a lot of people to carry their own crosses with a smile.
    I am certain in my mind that you are a winner all the way!

    ReplyDelete
  14. smitha,if anyone can judge my writing, over the years....it got to be you...:)
    but smitha you know what according to me ,has influenced my writing at various stages..:)
    i believe, its the state of the mind. i am in...if anything has been changing all the while..its that...
    from being miserable,pathetic who looked for help from others(even when knowing that,not many would)...to the person i am now...it has taken years to reach till here....and consequently that reflected in my writing.....this is just what i feel..:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey...
    that is well written bro..

    ReplyDelete